High-level software architecture
The Open Service Mesh project is composed of the following five high-level components:
- Proxy control plane - handles gRPC connections from the service mesh sidecar proxies
- Certificate manager - handles issuance and management of certificates
- Endpoints providers - components capable of introspecting the participating compute platforms; these retrieve the IP addresses of the compute backing the services in the mesh
- Mesh specification - wrapper around the SMI Spec’s Go SDK; this facility provides simple methods to retrieve SMI Spec resources, abstracting away cluster and storage specifics
- Mesh catalog - the service mesh’s heart; this is the central component that collects inputs from all other components and dispatches configuration to the proxy control plane
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.